Youtube Videos on Innovation
1. Engineering Students must watch this YouTube “The Knack”
2. Robot Violinist: Japan shows off Great robotic innovation includes some narrated notes:
2. Air Car (1): safer environment and saves on fuel INNOVATION
3. Air Car (2): safer environment and saves on fuel INNOVATION
4. PC PEN (1):
5. PC pen (2):
STEM Careers and Education You Tube and Articles
1. STEM Education: Preparing for the Jobs of the Future
2. STEM CAREER Investigation: Engineers are Cool Be an Original Thinker: SME Education Foundation
3. STEM CAREERS Investigation: Engineering Go For It!!
4. Specifically for Girls in Engineering:
5. Engineer Your Life:
To help find college information
2. College Searches:
3. WE Energies: Renewable Energy Scholarship Program:
Links for STEM EDUCATION (Teachers and Parents)
1. Help a Teacher: Be a Mentor!
2. Project Lead the Way: STEM Curriculum (Teachers and Admin.)
3. Project Lead the Way: (Spring/Summer 2012) Moms Night Out for STEM one big Night
4. Go to U.S. News and World Report for info on ranking of schools.
5. NASA Education for Teachers
6. Design Process:
7. Design Process activities:
8. WE Energies: Energy education programs:
9. WE Energies: Energy Fundamentals:
Links for STEM EDUCATION (STUDENTS and Parents)
10. Project Lead the Way: STEM Curriculum (parents and students)
11. Project Lead the Way: (Spring/Summer 2012) Moms Night Out for STEM one big Night
These Web sites offer helpful information on preparing for admission to engineering schools.
1. JETS: Junior Engineering Technical Society offers a wealth of programs and resources to help high school students explore engineering, including student competitions, assessment tools, career guidance resources, an e-newsletter, and more.
2. The American Society for Engineering Education’s K-12 Center has a student section that features interesting profiles of engineers as well as information on what engineering careers and schools are like.
3. Try Engineering offers information about engineering careers and education, links to interactive games, and an online form through which you can send questions to engineering students and professionals.
4. The Become an Engineer section includes listings of engineering societies and of pre-college projects, contests, and summer camps.
STEM CLUBS and Contests in Milwaukee and Around
1. STEM Education Summer Camp: Marquette University, Milwaukee
2. US FIRST Robotics:
3. VEX Robotics WEBSITE:
4. Midwest Vex Programs (MVP): The goal of the MVP is to promote robotics education through competition.
5. Challenge Wisconsin: Build an Energy Efficient Vehicle
6. Engineer Girl! Food Engineering Essay Contest - 2012
7. UW Stevens Point - KEEP – Student Involvement:
8. VEX WEBSITE:
9. NASA: NASA Kicks Off 2009 First Robotics:
10. NASA: Ames Research Center:
11. UW Stevens Point - KEEP – Home Page:
12. UW Stevens Point - KEEP - Renewable Energy:
CAD and 3D Printer STEM Competitions
1. 2012 Extreme Redesign Winners
Milwaukee Wisconsin STEM Education Reports
1. State urged to push STEM learning Report says kids need help for technical careers.
2. Milwaukee STEM Needs Growth: A greater emphasis on science and math gives children an edge later on when they enter the job market. But additional funding and business support are keys.
3. The Milwaukee‐based Public Policy Forum: PREPARING THE FUTURE WORKFORCE Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) Policy in K12Education in Wisconsin.
EAA - Home Page
EAA - Video Page (Love this one - Exciting!)
Rockets for Schools
Great Lakes Aerospace Science and Education Center - Space Port
Boeing - How things fly
Boeing - Discovery (with timeline of flight)
Pictures and history of all Boeing Aircraft
NASA Interactive Space Station Site (Very Cool!)
128th Main Page